Everyone writes about all the life life changing and affirming stuff that giving up the “demon drink”, brings. The internet is full of positive, uplifting, fluffy cloud, I achieved my life goals stuff. So here’s some of the stuff that no one tells you you’ll miss out on doing when you quit drinking. I’ve not done any of the below in the last 12 months…
- I never didn’t put the bins out
- I haven’t forgotten to put the leftover dinner “cooling” in the microwave in the fridge instead of finding it the next morning when it’s ruined.
- I’ve not been to bed unsure of why I’m mad at Crazy Cat Boy. Sure, I still went to be mad at him, we’ve been together over 20 years, but I’ve known why. He might not have, but I was across it! 😉
- I’ve not cleaned the toilet to make sure it was less disgusting to throw up into later that night (That’s not weird at all right???)
- I’ve not bulk purchased vitamin B pills (my go to hangover prevention method)
- I’ve not woken up to a disaster zone kitchen as I’ve been capable of cleaning it the night before going to bed.
- I’ve not had to plan advanced logistics to get to and from any event. I’ve just jumped in the car and gone wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted.
- I’ve not looked at an email and been incapable of responding because I was hungover and unable to “deal”. Any inability/desire to not respond was purely based on the inconceivable stupidity of what I was reading and my clear decision not to exacerbate the situation.
- I’ve never forgotten to water the garden
- I’ve not woken up thinking “This has to stop”
Yeah, ok, this wasn’t the post you thought it was going to be was it? But, kudos to you, you made it through. So, if you want to know the truth and give booze a rest, it can only bring good things, even if it’s the “stuff” you miss out on. 😉
One thought on “10 Things I Missed Out On By Quitting Booze For A Year”
Yes to #3 and #10!
LikeLiked by 1 person