Not much time to play today but wanted to celebrate yesterday’s milestone – 70 days of Belles 100 Day Challenge done and dusted!
Everyone talks about the obvious benefits of not drinking, health, self worth, better relationships, hope, etc, etc… Ok so they are pretty big etc’s LOL! But, I’ve noticed some other more everyday “amazing things” that I thought I’d share, and before you ask, yes, my life really is that exciting that I’ve noticed these 😉 …
- My bins are mostly empty (we are generating at least 1/2 as much recycling, no bottles, but weirdly only about 1/3 of the hard rubbish we were prior)
- I put the bins out and bring them in without whinging about it (or feeling hard done by)
- Washing gets put away (often on the same day it dries!)
- I know if I’m being lazy but don’t care (because it’s my choice, not my hangover)
- I remember to take bags with me to the shops (so I don’t have to stuff 3 days worth of food into my Furla tote at the cash register and suffer the odd looks from the checkout girls)
- I’m calmer at Bunnings (normally the place makes me lose the will to live (it’s a hardware store here in Australia if you are wondering))
- I’m more assertive with the remote control at home
- If the dirty microwave bothers me, I clean it! (I know, right??)
- I’ve been composting more diligently
- I’ve been using all of my social media feeds, yes, even SnapChat (I still don’t really understand how it works – all my “stories” consist of one image and a random filter #SocialMediaMarketingGuru #Not LOL)
So, that’s my benign 70 day sober challenge update. Small things but they can make quite a difference in my everyday slightly mundane life. Big things have changed as well, however they’ve been well documented by more eloquent bloggers than this Crazy Cat Lady. I’d love to hear your “small thing”, so feel free to play along below!